Steve/Bucky. Inspired by “Of broken dreams and mended hearts” by Kellyscams on ao3. Messing around with my tablet and some new brushes.
From the archives of the Smithsonian Institute, on view for the first time at the exhibiton ‘Captain Amarica - the living legend and symbol of courage’, opening on Friday, July 4, 2013.
I recently visited an exhibition on war propaganda and was inspired to make some posters not only for Cap but also for Bucky, Peggy and the rest of the Howling Commandos. Some of the artists I referenced are Edward Penfield, Norman Rockwell and Joseph C. Leyendecker. Thanks to agentbartomanoff for beta-ing the slogans.
For a second I thought the houses behind Peggy were actually the unconscious body of an enemy soldier, and I laughed really hard.
Imagine how it would look if the Orion nebula is only four light years away - the distance the nearest star is to us, instead of 1,300 light years. It would be so bright that we wouldn’t be aware of the dark sky. We wouldn’t see other stars. The whole world would be the Orion nebula and the sun.
Sorry for the really long post, I wanted to make sure I could get as much as I could in there. I saw these lovely posts and saw they all used to the same sites I do. So I combined theres, with some of mine that I love to use. I also added food, in here because I know I’m lazy so I thought you guys might appreciate it.
- convert anything to anything
- convert youtube videos to mp3
- download youtube videos
- download from 8tracks
- tricks to sleeping more
- what the fuck should I make for dinner
- what the fuck should I listen to now
- what the fuck should I do today
- what the fuck should I do with my life
- where the fuck should I go for drinks
- what’s the fucking weather
Fashion, makeup, hair:
- easy makeup tips
- eyeliner trick
- fashion guide/vocabulary
- makeup hacks
- Make up tips masterpost
- make up tips (more) (more) (more) (more) (more) (more)
- messy bun tutorial
- skirt types
- spoon tutorial
- winged eyeliner tutorial
Food in under 10 minutes:
Helpful for school (lots of writing tips):
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms)
- bibliography maker
- Didn’t listen in class?
- finals survival guide
- free microsoft word alternative
- homework help
- learn geography
- make flash cards
- math problem solver (2)
- Masterpost of writing software
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Stress Analyst
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- best learning website ever
- can’t remember the name of a song?
- check the trust level of any website
- consult this site before choosing a seat for your next flight
- find the name to the song
- is this website down for me or everyone?
- Less confusing view of the world time zones
- need a random number for a contest?
- never hit a dead end with a broken link
- self defense tips(x)
- survival tips
- upload anything from your iPhone etc. to your laptop
- wanna know how stuff works?
- watch movies/draw/everything??? with your online friends
- how to improve your self-esteem
- how to look busy at work/school
- how to love yourself
- how to pull an all nighted but do well on your exam
- how to study well
- how to survive College
- how to write an essay
- the best career fits for your star sign
- Bunch of cool things
- chrome extension tells you which tab is playing music
- delete yourself from web services
- donate food to people who are hungry (disable ad block)
- fake tweet generator
- HD celebrity images
- Play some online games like when we were kids
- prevent hangovers
- what font is that?
- working out master post
- how to download photoshop for mac for free
- how to download photoshop for pc for free
- in depth tutorial on how to make a gif
- pretty much any photoshop tutorial you will ever need
- photoshop help (2) (3) (4)
- resources for photoshop
- All Authors need to Know
- Alternatives to ‘said’
- Can’t remember a word?
- download free books
- download free kindle books
- Masterlist of study tips
- more writing tips
- read books online for free
- read/post fanfiction
- read/post stories
- Want to know who you write like?
- 10 sites to download free audio books
- all of the audio posts you’ve ever reblogged
- annoyed someone is asking you something they can find easily find them self?
- code for ask box
- easy way to make masterposts
- falling snow code for your tumblr theme
- find a gif reaction
- how to make tumblr themes
- html help
- install updates tab on a tumblr theme (x) (x)
- kawaii emoji’s
- mass tag replacer
- popular tumblr extentions (x) (x) (x)
- post limit checker
- theme hunter
- tumblr theme hunters (x) (x)
- see problems with your blog/website
- see your old themes
- url shortener
- does the opposite of ^^^
When you are bored:
- DIY household ideas
- silk - interactive generative art
- learn new things masterlist
- Paint a Nebula
- Super Mario
- silk - interactive generative art
- what should i do today?
When you are sad:
- break something
- cut something (blood) (tw!!)
- get a hug
- play cute games
- Receive Compliments
- see something cute
- the thoughts room
- A list of movies with links
- A list of scary movies with recovery
- A list of teen movies
- Disney Channel Movies from 1998-2013
- One of the best movie selections
- The Masterpost of other master posts to movies/tv shows
- Stream/watch tvs or movies
- tumblr dedicated to find finding movies
- watch free movies/tv shows
- when to pee during a movie
Hope these help you guys through out the year. Have a great year. :)
RIP Saturday Morning Cartoons (1966-2014)
It was announced last week that after almost 50 years, a block of animation will no longer appear somewhere on broadcast television Saturday Morning. The format itself had been in decline since the mid-90s when the larger networks stopped running new series, but had hung in for almost two decades finally expiring from the CW in late September. After delighting over 2 generations of children and adults, the format will be mourned, but in this age of near-ubiquitous home video, will not be forgotten.
Above are some excellent examples of the types of advertisements kids would pour over to plan their Saturdays around in the fall.
For more information:
History of Saturday Morning Cartoons - wikipedia
Saturday Morning Cartoon Schedules - TV Party
Sarla Thakral was first Indian woman to fly. Born in 1914, she earned an aviation pilot license in 1936 at the age of 21. After obtaining the initial license, she completed one thousand hours of flying. While she was working towards a commercial pilot license, World War II broke out and civil training was suspended. Later, her husband, the first Indian to earn an airmail pilot’s license, died in a crash. She abandoned her plans to become a commercial pilot and joined the Mayo School of Art in Lahore, where she trained in the Bengal school of painting and obtained a diploma in fine arts. (Wiki)
Peggy’s Heroines of History 1: Nachthexen (“Nightwitches”). I have heard criticism that Peggy Carter as a character is “unrealistic” given the time period. This is a blog series dedicated to arguing against such criticisms. In fact there were many women who made a difference in WWII despite the sexism and oppression of the time. One of these groups of women were the female Soviet pilots known as the Nightwitches.
These young Russian women in their teens and early 20’s - the same age as many tumblr users - flew unarmed, wooden biplanes on stealth missions into enemy territory. They would plot their course, then cut the engine (!!), glide in silently, drop their bombs, and then high tail it out of there through a wall of enemy fire. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. IN THE FREEZING COLD. IN OPEN COCKPITS. WHILE THE NAZIS WERE SHOOTING AT THEM. No heat, no guns, no radios, no parachutes. Just a map, a compass, and a hell of a set of ovaries.
Really? No women like Peggy existed during WWII? History tells another story. (source: seize the sky)